Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Trying Again....

Ok, so after a year of almost constant illness for most of us, we're finally, finally well.  \o/  To say we're behind is an understatement.  But I'm confidant we'll catch up quickly.

This week has been interesting. No formal schooling but the girls have been taking a two hour ballet class at church every day=12 hours total each.  They also have 4 hours of Swing and 4 hours of Ballroom each totaling 18 hours of dance this week for them.

Morgan=18 hours of Dance
Sydney=18 hours of Dance
Shelby=18 hours of Dance

Sydney and Shelby are also going to Volleyball practice 2 hours each day this week.

I'm putting a lot of miles on the van this week!

I'm thinking of going back to Homeschool Tracker.  I was really, really hoping someone would come out with a tracker for Mac but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  I was trying to make a Bento  Database work but that's not happening either.  Maybe after I have a few programming classes under my belt...

Which leads me to my big announcement!  In 19 hours,  16 hours, 50 minutes and 36 seconds I am going back to school.  I'm doing an AS in Digital Multimedia, emphasis on Film Production.  I want to add a few classes that will help me with some programming and web development, too.  Most of my classes are online and only one is on campus one morning a week so homeschooling will still be going strong.  We're going to transition to a strong 4-day schedule with homework, tests, art, music and hopefully some field trips on the 5th day when I spend the morning at school.  Who knows, we might school on Saturday, too.  We're quirky like that.



So maybe I should rename this blog SIX Busy Bees.  ;)   Nah.  It's still about the kids.  But I'm learning right along with them--I have to seriously brush up on algebra to get into the class my program requires.

Last week,  for journaling purposes, I worked

No comments:

Post a Comment